Sallie B. Howard School of Arts and Science — a free, public charter school serving over 1,000 K-10 students in Wilson, NC – is seeking an experienced programmer, developer, tinkerer, producer and computer scientist to build computational thinking capacities in our middle and high school students by empowering them to build, make and create with contemporary toolsets and knowledge. The ideal candidate will understand and demonstrate the many opportunities for the application of computer science across disciplines, will create these opportunities within their own classroom and build relationships with other faculty members to extend the reach and impact of computer science throughout the school.
Additional Skills and Requirements:
* A bachelor’s (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field with at least 5 years of teaching experience.
* Solid understanding of state curriculum standards and experience in closing the achievement gap.
* Develop and deliver engaging, innovative lessons that allow students to grow academically, socially and emotionally.
* Effective classroom management.
* Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
* Provide documentation of students’ progress.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
* A team player and an attitude of flexibility.
* Willing to engage in parent and community outreach.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT SALLIE B. HOWARD SCHOOL
Sallie B. Howard School of Arts & Science is a free, public charter school founded in 1997 in Wilson, N.C. that serves over 1000 students in grades K-10. Named after the legendary author, educator, playwright and actress Sallie Baldwin Howard, SBHS is dedicated to ensuring that every child – privileged or underprivileged – gets the kind of education that will allow them to become more than they ever thought they would be. With a performing arts-based curriculum, a study abroad program that has brought hundreds of children to nearly all 7 continents, a culturally diverse faculty and student body, and the addition of a high school, Sallie B. Howard School is preparing its students to become 21st century industry leaders both locally and globally.