Sallie B. Howard School of Arts and Science — a free, public charter school serving over 1,000 K-10 students in Wilson, NC – is seeking a licensed educator to serve as Digital Media Instructor for middle and high school students. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in fine and digital arts, including video production, drawing, and photography. Instructor will have the opportunity to teach Digital Media (Adobe Suite, graphic design, audio/video production, animation, etc.) to students in grades 6-12.
Additional Skills and Requirements:
* Hold a valid North Carolina Professional Educator’s License in Visual Art or a related field with proven instructional success in the classroom and experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
* Solid understanding of state curriculum standards and experience in closing the achievement gap.
* Develop and deliver engaging, innovative lessons that allow students to grow academically, socially and emotionally.
* Use available technology/instructional media to enhance students’ learning experiences.
* Effective classroom management.
* Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
* Provide documentation of students’ progress.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
* A team player and an attitude of flexibility.
* Willing to engage in parent and community outreach.
How to Apply
Send resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com