Sallie B. Howard School of Arts and Science — a K-12 National Blue Ribbon public charter school in Wilson, NC – has an immediate opening for a licensed elementary school instructor to teach Kindergarten. Ideal candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Elementary Education or a related field with proven instructional success in the classroom and experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Additional Skills & Requirements:
* Hold a valid North Carolina Professional Educator’s License in the subject/area of assignment.
* Solid understanding of state curriculum standards and experience in closing the achievement gap.
* Develop and deliver engaging, innovative lessons that allow students to grow academically, socially, and emotionally.
* Effective classroom management.
* Create a positive educational climate for students to learn in.
* Provide documentation of students’ progress.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
* A team player and an attitude of flexibility.
* Willing to engage in parent and community outreach.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT SALLIE B. HOWARD SCHOOL
Sallie B. Howard School of Arts & Science is a free, public charter school founded in 1997 in Wilson, N.C. that serves over 1200 students in grades K-12. Named after the legendary author, educator, playwright and actress Sallie Baldwin Howard, SBHS is dedicated to ensuring that every child – privileged or underprivileged – gets the kind of education that will allow them to become more than they ever thought they would be. With a performing arts-based curriculum, a study abroad program that has brought hundreds of children to nearly all 7 continents, a culturally diverse faculty and student body, and the addition of a high school, Sallie B. Howard School is preparing its students to become 21st century industry leaders both locally and globally.